Selling a service station is as easy as 1,2,3 with LINK!
Selling a service station? We have your buyer! Service stations are sought after. Currently, at LINK we have qualified buyers for such businesses, ready to make an offer!
At this time there are several Service Stations that we are not promoting as being for sale because we already have the perfect purchaser. Where the average time to sell the average business is between 4 – 6 months, with Service Stations it is currently 2 – 3 months, if that!
Do you know what your Service Station is worth? Here are a few pointers identify the drivers a purchaser is looking for:
- Retail sales should be significant with little out of date stock. Weekly sales of $10,000 – $25,000 (or higher)are preferred
- Petrol/ Diesel sales should be over 1 million litres to achieve a market premium. If it were to be much lower it could have a significant impact on the industry multiple applied by a purchaser
- Accessibility is important, certainly in rural areas. Service Stations that are in ‘the middle of Nowhere’ can still hold their premium value when they are on the main road (or State Highway)
- Fully Managed sites are sold at premium in this economy
- Branding isn’t crucial but the following brands are put in order of highest to lowest perceived value to a buyer;
- Gasoline Alley (G.A.S.)
- If you don’t have facilities to fill LPG gas bottles, consider bottle swaps
Many of our purchasers are actively looking for sites outside of Auckland. At LINK Northland we work with some of the most senior brokers with large networks to ensure a quick sale at premium sale price, often without any upfront marketing budget needed.
Contact Rudy for a discussion and a free assessment and appraisal.
FREE LINK Northland downloads:
FREE Booklet outlining the sales process: Managing The Sale of Your Business
FREE Booklet outlining other options to an Exit Strategy